Are you looking for the best flat top grills & best griddle grills on the market? If so, you’ve come to the right place! Flat top grills have become increasingly popular in recent years as more people are realizing their great potential for preparing amazing meals. Not only can they cook burgers, steaks and vegetables with ease, but flat tops are also incredibly versatile making them suitable for many different types of cuisine.
In this blog post we’ll take a look at some of the best flat top grills currently available and provide all of the information you need to make an informed decision when it comes time to buy your own.
From size and price range comparison tables to detailed descriptions there won’t be any guess work here – just pure straightforward information that will help you make sure that you’re getting exactly what works best for your needs. So read on if you want to find out which one is really worth splurging on!
What is a Griddle Grill ?
A griddle grill, also known as a flat top grill or plancha, is a flat cooking surface that can be used for grilling, frying, and even making pancakes. Griddle grills offer plenty of surface area for cooking large quantities of food at once and are often used in professional kitchens or by avid outdoor chefs.
Griddles can be heated by gas or electricity, and some griddle grills even have adjustable heat zones for cooking multiple types of food at once.
Types of Griddle Grill
There are several types of griddle grills, including gas griddles, electric griddles, flat top griddles and combination grills.
1. Gas Griddles
Gas griddle grills offer quick and even heating, making them a popular choice for commercial kitchens and outdoor cooking. They’re also easy to control with adjustable heat settings and often come with removable grease trays for easy cleaning.
2. Electric Griddles
Electric griddle grills are great for indoor use, as they don’t produce any smoke or open flame. They can also be portable, making them convenient for backyard barbecues or camping trips. However, they do tend to have limited temperature control compared to gas griddles.
3. Flat Top Grills
Flat top grills combine the flat cooking surface of a griddle with traditional grill grate areas on either side. This allows for a versatile cooking experience, as you can use the griddle for pancakes and the grill areas for burgers or chicken.
4. Combination Grills
Combination grills take it one step further by offering not only a griddle and grill grate, but also a smoker box and/or rotisserie. These multi-functional grills are perfect for those who want to have it all in one appliance.
No matter the type, all griddle grills offer the same convenience and versatility in cooking. So give one a try and see how it can elevate your cooking game!
Why should I buy a Griddle Grill?
A griddle grill is a great addition to any kitchen due to its versatility and convenience. It can be used for cooking a variety of foods, from pancakes to burgers to grilled vegetables. It also requires little to no oil for healthier cooking options.
Griddles are easy to clean and some even have adjustable heat zones for cooking multiple items at once. Plus, the flat surface allows for easy flipping and turning of food.
So why not give a griddle grill a try and see how it can enhance your cooking experience? Your taste buds will thank you!
Here’s a list of the Best Griddle Grill & Flat Top Gas Grill you can buy in 2022, according to testing and popular reviews.
Top 6 Best Griddle Grill & Best Flat Top Grills 2023 on The Market Reviews
1. Blackstone 36 Cooking Station 4 Burner Propane: Best Griddle Grill Overall
The Blackstone 1517 Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle is perfect for restaurant style cooking at home. With 720 square inches of flat top grilling, this griddle is large enough to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner all at once. Whether you’re cooking eggs, pancakes, quesadillas, grilled cheese, steak or potatoes, the Blackstone Flat Top Gas Grill Griddle will help you make all your favorite dishes with ease. Plus, with a bottom shelf and two side shelves, you’ll have plenty of room to store all your food and cooking supplies.
This grill is simple to assemble and features two burners for even cooking, so you can enjoy delicious meals with ease. The battery-powered push button ignition makes it easy to get started, while the sturdy construction ensures years of use.
The flat top design gives you even heat distribution, so your food will always be cooked evenly. The high quality stainless steel construction is durable and easy to clean and the heat resistant handle means you can grab it bare handed without fear of being burned.
Whether you’re tailgating, camping, or just grilling in your backyard, this grill will make sure you’re cooking in style. It’s easy to transport, thanks to the removable griddle top, fold-up legs, and two wheels. Plus, the two burners give you plenty of space to cook all your favorite foods.
Material: Stainless Steel
Item Weight: 134Pounds
Finish Type: Powder Coated
Product Dimensions: 26.19 x 10.87 x 13.95 inches
- It’s easy to fold up for storage and it’s portable.
- Customer service good
- Wide Cooking Surface
- Built-in trashcan, paper towel holder and cutting board
- Need a large, open space to put it in
2. Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, True Seasoned Griddle Surface
The large, True Seasoned Surface griddle is enough to fit up to 16 burgers at once! You can also use it as a grill, and the non-stick surface means cleanup is a breeze. Plus, the included grill grate is great for searing meats or vegetables. The possibilities are endless with this versatile griddle.
The built-in grease management system makes clean-up a breeze, while the micro adjust griddle levelers ensure perfectly even cooking every time. Plus, the included grease tray, catch bucket, and utility hooks make it easy to keep your grill area clean and organized.
This tough and durable grill features four 12,000 BTUs/Hr. stainless steel burners. Plus, the matchless ignition system makes it easy to get started.
With two large folding shelves, you’ll have plenty of space to prep your food and the propane tank holder ensures that you’ll always have fuel on hand. Plus, the adjustable leg levers make it easy to set up and take down.
Best Griddle Grill for the Value: Camp Chef Flat Top Grill
Brand: Camp Chef
Material: Alloy Steel
Item Weight: 139.65 Pounds
Finish Type: Stainless Steel
Capacity: 604 square inches
- 4 burners offer plenty of temperature control
- The ability to remove the griddle and use it as a propane grill
- One should plan to spend about $60 more for a soft cover to protect the griddle, as is common with many outdoor cookers.
3. Cuisinart CGG-0036, 36 Four Burner Gas Griddle
The Cuisinart CGG-0036 36 Four Burner Gas Griddle. This griddle features a cold-rolled steel cooking surface that provides 760 square inches of cooking space. This state-of-the-art appliance features a large cooking surface that provides plenty of space for all your favorite dishes.
This top-of-the-line griddle features four burners that can each generate up to 15,000 BTUs of cooking power, for a total of 60,000 BTUs! With this kind of power at your fingertips, you’ll be able to cook just about anything you want – quickly and easily.
What really sets this griddle apart is its Dual Grease Management System. This system features two front grease cups that make it easy to manage and remove grease from the cooking area.
Plus, the griddle easily folds down compactly for storage and transport, so you can take it with you wherever you go!
Best Griddle Grill For Large Spaces: Cuisinart CGG-0036, 36 Four Burner Gas Griddle
Cooktop size: 760 sq. inches
Dimensions (LxWxH): 64.6 x 24.1 x 32.3 inches
Finish type: Cold-Rolled Steel
- The largest cooking surface of these included in the list 760sp
- Two grease cups on the front corners
- Easily portable
- Someone complain that it was quite heavy
4. PIT BOSS PB336GS Two Burner Portable Flat Top Griddle
The Pit Boss PB336GS Two Burner Portable Flat Top Griddle. This griddle packs a powerful punch, with two burners delivering plenty of heat. The large 289 square inch cooking surface and the 3 mm thick griddle surface is pre-seasoned with organic oil for superior performance.
With two independently controlled 9,000 BTU stainless steel burners, you can cook up anything from burgers and hot dogs to steaks and veggies. The large 336 square inch cooking surface gives you plenty of room to work, while the fold-down legs make setup and takedown a breeze. And when you’re done, the removable grease tray makes cleanup a snap.
This griddle is made from black powder coated steel and features four adjustable, non-skid feet. The flat top design is perfect for cooking multiple items at once, The large cooking surface is ideal for entertaining, and the portable design makes it easy to take with you on the go. Whether you’re tailgating, camping, or just grilling in the backyard, the PIT BOSS PB336GS portable flat top griddle will make your experience more enjoyable.
Best Portable Griddle Grill: PIT BOSS PB336GS Two Burner
Brand: PIT BOSS
Cooktop size: 289 sq. inches
Dimensions (LxWxH): 20.47 x 17.32 x 10.83 inches
Finish type: Powder coated
Material: Stainless Steel, Cast Iron
- Small and easy to transport
- Nice grill for a good price
- Easy to setup and cook
- Ideal for camping but not an everyday griddle
5.Country Smokers CSGDL0590 The Highland 4-Burner Portable Griddle
The Highland 4-Burner Portable Griddle from Country Smokers is powerful griddle is made from dependable stainless steel, delivers 44, 000 BTU’s, and features a steel griddle top that is pre-seasoned with organic plant-based oil.
The Country Smokers CSGDL0590 Highland 4-Burner Portable Griddle. Perfect for feeding a crowd about 10 people, this griddle offers 597 square inches of cooking surface – plenty of space to cook up burgers, fry eggs, and more. Plus, the foldable legs make it easy to transport from your backyard to the campground. No matter where you take it.
With four independent burners, this griddle provides plenty of power to simmer soups low and slow or sear up steaks hot and fast. The extra-long protective sides help prevent temp swings, so you can cook with confidence even in windy or changeable weather conditions.
Brand: Country Smokers
Item Weight: 48.4 Pounds
Cooking Area: 373 sq. in.
Cooking Surface: Griddle
Number of Burners: 2
- Useful and compact to travel
- Clean up is easy and it stores so nicely
- Can be used by many people up to 15 people
- Not very sturdy
6. Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle
This table top grill is small and easy to carry, but it packs a big punch when it comes to grilling power. The sturdy feet keep the grill stable, even on uneven ground, while the 20 lb. propane tank (not included) provides plenty of fuel for hours of grilling fun. . This handy grill features a spacious 312 square inch cooking surface
This grill has three separately controlled burners that offer an overall of 25,500 BTU cooking power. The integrated piezo ignitor provides instant ignition with the simple push of a button. The grill also features a side table that is perfect for holding all of your grilling tools and ingredients. The side table can also be used as a prep station when you are not grilling.
The Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle is grill features a removable, slide-out grease cup that collects oil residue while cooking, making cleanup a breeze. The griddle top is also detachable for easy washing. Plus, the compact design makes this grill ideal for tailgating, camping, or picnicking. So whether you’re cooking for a crowd or just yourself, the Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable 24-Inch 3-Burner Table Top Gas Grill Griddle is the perfect choice.
Best Budget Griddle Grill: Royal Gourmet PD1301S Portable
Brand: Royal Gourmet
Cooktop size: 316 sq. inches
Dimensions (LxWxH): 16.3 x 16.3 x 7.9 inches
Finish type: Stainless steel
- 3 adjustable burners
- Great product for a budget. Works well
- Cover and 5-foot gas line included
- Removable grease tray and cooking surface for easy cleaning
- Only connects to 20 lb propane tanks
Factors to Consider Before Buying Griddle Grill:
When choosing a griddle grill, consider factors such as the size of the cooking surface and how it will fit in your kitchen or outdoor cooking space. Look for features that suit your needs, such as a grease trough or adjustable heat zones.
Also consider the heating method, whether it be gas or electric. And don’t forget to check the material – cast iron griddles can provide better heat retention and durability, but may require more maintenance.
Do your research and choose a griddle grill that will best serve your cooking needs and make every meal a delicious success.
1. Size of cooking surface
3. Heat control and temperature settings
4. Heat source (such as gas or electric)
5. Additional features (e.g. removable plates, grease management system)
8. Customer reviews
1. Size of cooking surface: Will you be cooking for a large group or just yourself and a few others? A larger griddle may be necessary if you plan on entertaining or cooking for multiple people at once.
2. Material: Griddles can be made of different materials such as stainless steel, cast iron, or ceramic. Each material may have unique benefits and drawbacks in terms of heat retention and durability.
3. Heat source (such as gas or electric): Depending on your preferred cooking method and availability of a heat source, you may want to consider a griddle that can be used with either gas or electric.
4. Heat control and temperature settings: Look for a griddle that allows you to easily adjust the heat and maintain consistent temperatures. This will ensure proper cooking and help prevent burning or undercooking food.
5. Additional features: Some griddles may come with removable plates for easy cleaning, a grease management system, or even built-in storage compartments. Consider which additional features would be valuable to you in your griddle grill experience.
6. Price: Set a budget for yourself and consider how often you plan on using the griddle before making an investment. It’s also important to consider the long-term cost of maintenance and replacement parts.
7. Brand: Research the reputation and customer reviews of the brand to ensure a high quality and reliable griddle grill.
8. Customer reviews: Reading reviews from other customers can provide helpful insight on the overall quality and performance of the griddle grill.
Overall, it’s important to consider your own needs and preferences before purchasing a griddle grill. Make sure the size and features meet your cooking requirements. If you plan on entertaining or cooking for large groups, it may be worth investing in a griddle grill with a larger cooking surface. However, if it is primarily for personal use, a smaller size may be sufficient.
While also staying within your budget. Reading customer reviews can also provide helpful insight on the quality and performance of the griddle grill.
The Benefits of Using a Griddle Grill
Some benefits of using a griddle grill include the ability to cook multiple foods at once, easy cleanup due to the flat cooking surface, and added versatility in the kitchen. Griddles can also be used for a variety of cooking methods, such as grilling, searing, and even baking.
1. Large cooking surface – With a flat surface, griddle grills offer plenty of room for cooking multiple items at once. This is especially helpful when entertaining or feeding a large group of people.
2. Versatility in cooking methods – Griddle grills can be used for traditional grilling, frying, and even making pancakes or quesadillas. They also often have adjustable heat zones for cooking different types of food simultaneously.
3. Easy to clean – Many griddle grills have removable grease trays that make cleanup a breeze. And since there are no grill grates, there’s less chance for stuck on food bits or charred residue.
4. No flare ups – Unlike traditional grills, the flat surface of a griddle grill eliminates the risk of flare ups from excess grease or fat.
So, what are you waiting for? Get yourself a griddle grill and start cooking like a pro!
How Does a Griddle Grill Work?
A griddle grill works by heating the flat cooking surface to a specific temperature, allowing you to cook your food on the hot surface. Some griddle grills use gas or propane for heat, while others are electric. Many griddles also have adjustable heat zones, allowing for different temperatures in various areas of the cooking surface.
To use a griddle grill, preheat it to the desired temperature and then place your food on the hot surface. Cook as you would on a traditional grill or stovetop, flipping or moving items as needed. Use caution when handling hot surfaces and utensils, and be sure to clean any grease or residue from the griddle after cooking.
With its versatile capabilities and convenience, a griddle grill is a great addition to any kitchen. Plus, who doesn’t love cooking (and eating!) on a hot flat surface?
How To Grill on a Flat Top?
If you want to grill on your flat top, it’s really quite simple. Here are the steps that you need to follow:
1. Clean and preheat the flat top by heating it up to around 450 degrees Farenheit. You can use a thermometer in order to check if it’s hot enough or not. The whole cooking process will be much easier if this is done properly from the start.
2. Lightly oil your meats before adding them onto the flat top for grilling. This will help prevent them from sticking and make sure that they cook evenly all throughout their surfaces too! Oil is important so that you don’t end up with dry pieces of meat instead of juicy ones.
3. Grill the meat for around two to three minutes on each side. It will get hotter as it cooks, so you need to be careful to not overcook the food or else it will end up dry and tough instead of juicy and tender! You’ll want to check it often in order to make sure that this doesn’t happen.
4. Let the flat top cool down before making it ready for use again by wiping off any residual oil with a clean paper towel so that your next dish won’t have any kind of flavors at all. This way, you can be sure that whatever you cook next is going to taste incredible! Just remember not to add new oils onto a hot griddle, as this can pose a fire hazard.
If you want to grill steaks on your flat top, all you need to do is follow the same steps that you normally would and make sure that they’re juicy and delicious! The basic grilling process will give them a great flavor, so there’s no need for any extra seasonings or ingredients if you don’t want them. Just add some grilled vegetables and side dishes for a complete meal instead!
How to use a Griddle Grill
1. Preheat the griddle to the desired temperature before adding any food.
2. Place your food on the hot surface and cook as you would on a typical grill or stovetop, flipping or moving items as needed.
3. Use caution when handling hot surfaces and utensils.
4. Clean off any grease or residue from the griddle after cooking is finished.
5. Enjoy your delicious, griddled meal!
6. Be sure to clean and maintain your griddle regularly for optimal performance and safety.
Is a Griddle better than a Grill?
There is no clear answer to this question as it ultimately depends on personal preference and what type of food you plan on cooking. Griddles offer a large, flat cooking surface and the ability to cook multiple foods at once, while grills typically have better retention of flavor from charring or smoky taste.
It’s worth noting that some grills also have a flat top option, offering the best of both worlds. Ultimately, it’s up to the individual and their specific cooking needs and preferences.
What is the best Griddle Grill?
There is no one “best” griddle grill, as it ultimately depends on individual needs and preferences. However, some popular and highly rated options include the Blackstone Griddle Grill, Camp Chef Flat Top Grill, and Cuisinart Griddler Deluxe. It’s important to consider factors such as cooking surface size, heat control, and added features when selecting the right griddle grill for you.
Pros and Cons of Griddle Grill
– Large cooking surface
– Versatile in cooking methods
– Easy to clean
– No flare ups
– May not have the same char or smoky flavor as a traditional grill
– Can be expensive, depending on the model and features
Overall, a griddle grill offers convenience and versatility in the kitchen, making it a great option for those who enjoy entertaining or cooking for large groups. However, some may prefer the taste that comes with traditional grilling methods. As with any type of cooking equipment, it’s important to consider your own needs and preferences before purchasing a griddle grill.
Common Mistakes When using Griddle Grill?
One common mistake when using a griddle grill is not preheating it properly. It is important to let the griddle heat up fully before adding any food to ensure proper cooking. Additionally, overcrowding the griddle can lead to uneven cooking and potentially burnt or undercooked food.
It is also important to clean the griddle after each use to prevent food buildup and potential sticking. Scraping off any excess food or grease while the griddle is still warm will make cleanup much easier.
– Not preheating the griddle before cooking
– Cooking on too high heat
– Not cleaning and maintaining the griddle regularly
– Neglecting to use caution when handling hot surfaces and utensils
To ensure the best griddle grill experience, be sure to properly preheat and adjust the heat as needed, clean and maintain regularly, and exercise caution when cooking. By following these tips and avoiding these mistakes, you can get the most out of your griddle grill and enjoy delicious meals every time. Happy griddling!
What brand of Flat Top Grill is the best?
There is no one specific brand that is considered the best as it ultimately depends on individual preferences and needs. It’s important to research and compare different brands to find the one that suits you best in terms of features, quality, and price.
Can a Flat Top Grill be used indoors?
Yes, a flat top grill can be used indoors as long as it is properly ventilated and there is a heat source available (such as a gas stove or electric outlet). However, it is important to follow all safety precautions and check with the manufacturer’s guidelines before using indoors.
Can you cook eggs on a Flat Top Grill?
Yes, you can cook eggs on a flat top grill by lightly oiling the surface and cooking at a low to medium heat. You can also use an egg ring mold for evenly shaped eggs. It is important to keep an eye on the temperature and adjust as needed to prevent burning or undercooking the eggs.
Why are Blackstone griddles so popular?
Blackstone griddles have gained popularity due to their large cooking surface, durable construction, and easy-to-use features such as adjustable heat control and grease management system. Additionally, they are relatively affordable compared to other high-quality griddle brands. However, it is important to do your own research and compare with other brands to find the one that best suits your needs and preferences.
What is the difference between a flat top grill and a griddle?
A flat top grill typically has a smooth cooking surface and is used for cooking a variety of foods, while a griddle often has ridges and is mainly used for cooking breakfast foods such as pancakes and eggs. Both can be used to cook a range of foods, but the griddle may be better suited for certain dishes. Additionally, flat top grills are typically larger and can accommodate more food at once.
What size Blackstone is best?
The best size of Blackstone griddle depends on individual preferences and needs. A larger griddle may be more suitable for entertaining or cooking for large groups, while a smaller size may be sufficient for personal use. It’s important to consider the amount of food you plan on cooking at once and the available storage space. Additionally, comparing different sizes in terms of features and price can help determine which is the best fit for you.
Can a griddle grill be used indoors or outdoors?
It depends on the heat source of the griddle. Electric griddles can typically be used indoors, while gas griddles may require outdoor use due to safety concerns with gas fumes.
How do I clean and maintain my griddle grill?
It is important to regularly clean and season your griddle to prevent sticking and rusting. After each use, scrape off any food residue and wipe down with a damp cloth or paper towel. Use a mild soap if needed, but avoid harsh chemicals as they can damage the surface. To season the griddle, coat it with a thin layer of oil and heat it for 10-15 minutes before wiping off any excess oil. It is also important to periodically check for and fix any cracks or rust on the griddle surface.
Can I use cooking spray on my griddle grill?
Generally, it is not recommended to use cooking spray as it can leave a sticky residue and potentially cause flare ups. Instead, using a small amount of oil or butter will provide enough lubrication for cooking.
Can I use metal utensils on my griddle grill?
It is best to use wooden or plastic utensils as metal utensils can scratch and damage the surface of the griddle. If a recipe calls for flipping or stirring with a spatula, choose one specifically designed for griddle or flat top cooking.
How do I store my griddle grill when not in use?
It is recommended to keep your griddle covered and stored in a dry area to prevent rusting. If your griddle has removable plates, make sure they are cleaned and dried before storing them separately from the main unit. You may also want to periodically apply a thin layer of oil to protect the surface. Following these steps will help prolong the lifespan of your griddle grill.
Can I use my griddle grill for both cooking and keeping food warm?
Yes, a griddle grill can be used for both cooking and keeping food warm. Simply adjust the heat to a lower temperature to keep cooked food warm without burning or overcooking it. You may also want to consider using separate heating zones on larger griddles in order to have one side for cooking and another for warming.
The constant fear of under or overcooking meat is now a thing of the past. The best griddle grill will make sure your meat is cooked perfectly every time. These top rated products will give you perfect sear marks and juicy, flavorful meat. They are also easy to clean and come with a warranty. Choose the best griddle grill for your needs and start enjoying perfectly cooked food today.
James Burney is the founder of Acadia House Provisions is a restaurant that with local & upscale dishes and high-quality kitchen supplies and food products. James was born and raised in Maine, and he has always been passionate about cooking. After working in a number of prestigious restaurants he started Acadiahouseprovisions.com with the goal develop into a comprehensive information site specializing in cooking and cuisine. His goal is to make it easy for people to cook delicious meals at home without spending a fortune.