Do you want to know how to make juicy and delicious grilled chicken on the stove top? Grilled chicken is a healthy, easy alternative to traditional fried chicken that still tastes great.
In this blog post, we’ll be going over how to make grilled chicken on the stovetop from prepping the ingredients to cooking it up until it’s perfectly cooked. Not only will this save you time and energy of using outdoor grills, but also allows for greater control over heat levels so that your bird comes out juicy, tender and flavorful every single time.
What is Grilled Chicken on Stove?
Grilled chicken on the stove is a delicious and versatile cooking technique for creating juicy, flavorful grilled chicken in your kitchen. Grilling meat helps to lock in its juices and give it a rich flavor as it cooks. This can be achieved using either a grill pan or an outdoor grill (if you have access to one).
How To Prepare Chicken for grilling
1. Start by rinsing your chicken thoroughly under running water and patting it dry with a paper towel.
2. Next, score the chicken by cutting shallow diagonal lines across both sides of the meat to help it better absorb seasoning and cook more evenly. If you are looking to add more flavor to your grilled chicken, you can also marinate the meat in a mixture of herbs, spices, oil, and citrus juices for several hours or overnight.
3. Once your chicken is ready to cook, heat up a grill pan or an outdoor grill over medium-high heat until it is very hot (but not smoking). Brush or drizzle some oil on the surface of the pan or grill before adding your chicken pieces, and then place them on the grill.
4. Cook your chicken for several minutes, flipping it over every few minutes to ensure even browning on all sides. Use a meat thermometer to check that your chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit before removing it from the heat source.
5. Serve your grilled chicken with favorite dipping sauces or toppings, such as BBQ sauce, hot sauce, ranch dressing, salsa, or guacamole. You can also add extra herbs and spices to give your grilled chicken more flavor and complexity in terms of both taste and texture. Some tasty options include chopped fresh cilantro, crushed red pepper flakes, ground black pepper or paprika, minced garlic or ginger root, or chopped fresh herbs like rosemary, basil, or thyme.
Tips for Grilling Chicken on Stove
1. Don’t overcrowd your chicken pieces when cooking them on the grill. This will help ensure that all sides of the meat are exposed to high heat and cook evenly. You may need to use two separate grill pans if you have a lot of chicken pieces to prepare, instead of trying to cook them all at once in one large pan or skillet.
2. Consider using a marinade to add flavor and moisture to grilled chicken before cooking it. A classic combination is olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper – but feel free to get creative with your spice choices too! Some tasty options include cumin, coriander, paprika, chili powder, or garlic powder.
3. Once your chicken is cooked and removed from the grill pan or outdoor grill, allow it to rest for at least 5-10 minutes before slicing or serving it. This will help the juices in the meat to redistribute and keep the chicken tender and juicy when you bite into it.
4. If you’re looking to add extra flavor and richness to your grilled chicken, consider topping it with a delicious sauce like BBQ sauce or hot sauce before serving. You can also serve grilled chicken with fresh sliced vegetables like lettuce, tomato, avocado, cucumber or red onion for a healthy side dish or salad option!
How To Grilled Chicken on Stove?
To begin, start by preparing all of the ingredients that you will need for the recipe. You will likely need: boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs), olive oil or butter, salt and pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, chili powder or cayenne pepper (optional), lime juice (optional), fresh herbs such as rosemary or thyme (optional).
Once the grill is heated, add any additional ingredients that you would like to use, such as chopped garlic or herbs, onto the chicken pieces and coat well with olive oil or butter. You can also add some salt and pepper on top at this point (to help season the meat while it cooks). Next, place the seasoned chicken on the heated grill in a single layer (no overcrowding!) so that all sides of each piece get exposed to the heat of the grill.
Next, you will need to prepare your grill pan or outdoor charcoal grill for cooking. If using a gas or electric stove, start by heating up your grill pan over medium-high heat. If using an outdoor charcoal grill, light the coals and allow them time to burn down until they are red hot.
1. Thaw your chicken pieces in the refrigerator overnight or place them in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes until they have warmed up enough to be used.
2. Preheat your grill over medium-high heat, then coat it with cooking oil and place the chicken pieces onto the hot grates.
3. Cook the chicken for 10-15 minutes per side, using a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of each piece. The chicken is done when it reaches at least 165 degrees F.
4. Remove the chicken from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes before serving. You can also sprinkle your chicken with additional seasonings or sauces to enhance its flavor.
5. Enjoy your delicious grilled chicken on the stove! To prevent sticking, make sure that your meat is completely thawed before cooking, and use a metal spatula or tongs instead of wood or plastic utensils to avoid scratches on your pan’s surface. You can also cook your meat in a cast iron skillet on the stove if you prefer. Just be sure to use low heat and to marinate or season the chicken before placing it in the pan.
How to make grilled Chicken at home without grill
To make grilled chicken at home without a grill, start by gathering the ingredients and tools that you will need for the recipe. These typically include chicken breast or thighs, your desired marinade or seasoning blend, a sharp knife or meat mallet for cutting or pounding the chicken into an even thickness, and any additional seasonings or toppings that you would like to add.
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients, begin by preheating your grill over high heat. If using an outdoor grill, this can usually be done by turning on the burners and adjusting them as needed until they are very hot. Alternatively, if using an indoor grill pan or griddle, you can simply place it on top of the stove over high heat to preheat.
Once your grill is hot, lightly oil the cooking surface and place your chicken breasts or thighs down on it. If using an outdoor grill, you may also want to lightly brush your chicken with a neutral-flavored cooking oil before placing it directly onto the grates. Once your chicken has been placed on the grill, resist the urge to move or flip it for at least 5-7 minutes, as this will allow for a nice sear on the outside of your meat while helping to lock in all of its juicy flavors and juices.
After about 7 minutes, use a pair of tongs or a spatula to gently flip over your chicken breasts or thighs and cook them on the other side until they are golden brown and crispy. Once they are fully cooked, remove them from the grill and let them rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving.
As an alternative to grilling your chicken, you can also try baking it in the oven by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F and placing your chicken breasts or thighs on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked through, then let them rest for a few minutes before serving. Whether you are using an indoor or outdoor grill, following these simple tips will help you create delicious grilled chicken at home without any hassle!
How to make grilled Chicken on stove for salad
To make grilled chicken on the stove for a salad, start by prepping your ingredients and gathering any necessary tools. For the chicken, you will need boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs that have been seasoned with salt and pepper as needed. To grill the chicken, you can use an indoor grill pan or griddle placed over high heat on your stovetop, or take advantage of an outdoor grill if you have access to one. In addition to the chicken, you will also need a mixing bowl for your marinade or seasoning blend as well as some tongs or a spatula for flipping the meat on the grill.
Once you have gathered all of your ingredients and tools, begin by preheating your grill according to the manufacturer’s instructions. If using an indoor grill pan, place it over high heat on your stovetop to preheat. If using an outdoor grill, turn on the burners and adjust them as needed until they are very hot.
Once your grill is hot, lightly oil the cooking surface and add your chicken breasts or thighs to it. If using a griddle pan, lightly brush your chicken with a neutral-flavored cooking oil before placing it directly onto the grates of your grill. Cook the chicken for 7-10 minutes without moving or flipping it, allowing for a nice sear on the outside while also helping to lock in all of its juicy flavors and juices. After about 7 minutes, use tongs or a spatula to carefully flip over your chicken and grill it on the other side until it is golden brown and crispy.
Once cooked, remove the grilled chicken from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes before slicing or serving as desired. As an alternative, you can also bake the chicken in the oven by preheating your oven to 400 degrees F and placing your chicken breasts or thighs on a lightly greased baking sheet. Cook them in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until they are fully cooked through, then let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Tips for Making Delicious Grilled Chicken on Stove
-If you want to add some extra flavor to your grilled chicken, mix in a few tablespoons of lemon juice or lime juice with the olive oil or butter before coating the chicken pieces. This will help create an extra zesty marinade that will complement the meat’s natural flavors while it cooks.
-You can also use a blend of herbs such as rosemary and thyme along with salt and pepper for seasoning instead of just using salt and pepper alone. The combination of herbs will give your grilled chicken a rich, savory flavor.
-To prevent your chicken from sticking to the grill and becoming burnt or dried out, make sure that it is completely thawed before cooking. For best results, allow it to defrost in the refrigerator overnight or place it in a bowl of cold water for about 30 minutes until it has warmed up enough to be used. This will help keep the meat tender and juicy as it cooks.
-Investing in a good quality metal spatula is key for flipping your meat on the grill without tearing or piercing its surface (which can cause juices to leak out). Using metal tongs instead of wood or plastic tongs can also help avoid scratches on your pan’s surface.
-If you are cooking on a gas or electric stove and want to keep the heat consistent across the pan, turn your burner down to medium-low instead of medium-high. This will allow for even cooking without burning the chicken too quickly.
-You can also cook your grilled chicken in a cast iron skillet on the stove if you don’t have grill pan access. Just warm up your skillet before adding additional ingredients such as garlic and herbs, then allow it to cook over low heat until golden brown.
There you have it – everything you need to know about how to make delicious grilled chicken on the stove! With these tips and tricks, anyone can become an expert at making this classic summer dish right in their own kitchen.
How Long To Grilled Chicken on Stove?
There is no specific cooking time for grilled chicken on the stove, as different factors can affect how long it takes to cook. However, in general, it should take about 10-15 minutes per side for a 3-4 inch piece of boneless chicken breast. This time may be longer if you are using large or thick cuts of meat, or if the heat of your grill is not high enough.
To check if your chicken is done cooking, insert a meat thermometer into its center – the internal temperature should reach at least 165 degrees F. If you want to add some extra flavor to your grilled chicken, try marinating it in lemon juice or lime juice with olive oil and a mix of herbs and spices before placing it on the stove. This will help create a delicious, zesty marinade that will bring new flavor to the dish.
You might be interested: Question: How Long To Bake A Chicken Thigh At 350?
You might be interested: Question: How long to bake Chicken Drumsticks at 400?
You might be interested: Question: How Long To Bake Chicken Wings At 400?
How To Know If Grilled Chicken Is Done
If you want to ensure that your grilled chicken is fully cooked, use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. In general, it should be at least 165F for boneless pieces of chicken breast, or longer if you are using large or thick cuts.
Another way to tell if your chicken is done cooking is by looking at its color and texture. For example, the meat should be opaque in appearance and firm to the touch when fully cooked. Additionally, you can perform a “fork test” by gently inserting a fork into the center of a piece of chicken – if it turns white and then red as you remove it, then it is done cooking.
However, always remember that different grills (gas and charcoal) will cook at different intensities. So, in order to get the best results, it is always a good idea to pay close attention to your grilled chicken as it cooks, and not just rely on the “fork test” or color as an indicator of doneness.
How To Choose Chicken for grilling:
There are many different factors to consider when choosing chicken for grilling, including the type of meat you want, the cooking method you prefer, and your budget. For example, if you are looking for a leaner cut of chicken with fewer calories and fat, you may want to opt for boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs. Alternatively, if you are looking for a more flavorful option that can stand up to high heat on the grill, bone-in chicken pieces such as drumsticks or wings would be an ideal choice.
When choosing a particular cut of meat, it is also important to pay attention to how much time you have available to cook it. Some types of chicken take longer than others to grill (for example, leg quarters take significantly longer than drumsticks or wings), so you may need to plan accordingly depending on how much time you have available. In general, it is always a good idea to start with smaller pieces of meat and cut them up into larger pieces once they are fully cooked if needed.
If price is a factor, you can often find sales on chicken at your local grocery store or butcher shop. Additionally, buying in bulk (such as purchasing whole chickens) or planning to cook multiple different types of chicken at once can help save you money in the long run.
No matter which type of chicken you choose for grilling, be sure to pay attention to food safety guidelines when preparing it. This means washing your hands thoroughly, using separate cutting boards and utensils for raw meat, and storing your chicken in the refrigerator until you are ready to cook it.
How to Store Chicken after cooking
If you have leftovers after grilling, it is important to store them properly in order to prevent foodborne illness. First, be sure to let your chicken cool completely before storing it in the refrigerator or freezer.
When storing cooked chicken in the refrigerator, you should place it in an airtight container and keep it at a temperature of below 40 degrees F for up to 4 days. This will help prevent any bacterial growth that could cause food spoilage or make you sick. You can also freeze your grilled chicken and store it this way for up to 3 months.
To reheat your leftover chicken, simply defrost it first and then either cook it on the stovetop over medium heat until heated through, or place it in the microwave for a few minutes until hot. Always remember to use caution when reheating chicken, as this can also increase your risk of foodborne illness if not done properly.
Whether you are just getting started with grilling or are an experienced pro, knowing how to choose and store chicken for grilling is an essential skill that will help you get the most out of your cookouts. With some simple tips and practice, you can enjoy delicious grilled chicken all summer long!
How to Reheat Grilled Chicken
If you have leftover grilled chicken, there are several different methods for reheating it that can help ensure food safety and maintain the quality of your meat. One option is to use the stovetop, either by simmering your chicken in a saucepan with a bit of liquid or gently heating it over medium heat until warmed through.
Alternatively, you can reheat your chicken in the microwave by placing it on a microwave-safe plate and covering it with a damp paper towel. Be sure not to leave your chicken unattended while reheating it in the microwave, as this could result in uneven cooking or accidental burns.
No matter which method you choose, always be sure to check that your chicken is fully heated through before serving it to your guests or family. This can be done by checking the internal temperature with a food thermometer, which should read at least 165 degrees F for safe consumption.
With these simple tips, you can enjoy delicious, perfectly-reheated grilled chicken any time you want!
What to Serve with Grilled Chicken
There are many different options for pairing your grilled chicken with other foods, depending on your tastes and preferences. Some delicious options include grilled vegetables such as zucchini, eggplant, or bell peppers; fresh salads like Caesar or Cobb; or roasted potatoes or sweet potato fries.
For a heartier meal, you can also try adding grilled chicken to tacos or burritos, pairing it with pasta dishes like pesto or cacio e pepe, or incorporating it into a bowl of soup or chili. Whatever you choose, be sure to keep the flavor profile and textures in mind when planning your meal so that everything works well together and creates a delicious dish that everyone will love!
Common Mistakes To Avoid When Make Grilled Chicken on Stove
1. Failing to let the chicken cool completely before refrigerating or freezing. To prevent foodborne illness, it is important to let your grilled chicken cool down and then store it in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.
2. Not using a meat thermometer when cooking your chicken to determine that it is fully cooked and safe for consumption. This can be done by checking the internal temperature of your grilled chicken with a food thermometer, which should read at least 165 degrees F for safety.
3. Trying to cook too much at once, which may lead to uneven cooking and potentially cause your chicken to dry out and become less flavorful. Instead, be sure to only cook small batches of chicken at a time on the stove, and keep an eye on the food as it cooks to make sure that it does not get overcrowded in the pan.
4. Failing to pay close attention to your chicken as it is cooking, which can result in the meat being over- or under-cooked, leading to a potentially unsafe dish. Instead, be sure to watch your chicken carefully as it grills so that you can ensure even cooking and a delicious end product.
5. Not using high-quality ingredients when making your grilled chicken, such as fresh herbs and quality marinades or sauces. This can help increase the overall flavor of your dish and make it more enjoyable for you and all those who are lucky enough to enjoy a bite!
When should I reheat my leftover grilled chicken?
You can reheat your leftover grilled chicken at any time, but it is important to make sure that it has fully cooled down before you do so. Once your chicken has cooled completely, you can either use the stovetop or microwave to gently heat it through until it is warmed all the way through.
How do I know if my grilled chicken is cooked all the way through?
To determine whether or not your grilled chicken is fully cooked, you can check its internal temperature using a food thermometer. The ideal internal temperature for properly-cooked grilled chicken should be at least 165 degrees F, though this may vary depending on your personal preferences and the recipe you are using.
How can I add more flavor to my grilled chicken?
There are many different ways to add more flavor to your grilled chicken, such as by using high-quality ingredients like fresh herbs and spices or quality marinades or sauces. You can also consider grilling your chicken alongside other delicious foods, like vegetables, pasta, or potatoes, which will all help infuse your dish with even more flavor. Additionally, be sure to keep the texture and flavor profile of your food in mind when planning your meal so that everything works together well for an overall tasty experience!
What are some tasty recipe ideas that use grilled chicken?
Some delicious recipes that incorporate grilled chicken include tacos, burritos, bowls of soup or chili, pasta dishes like pesto or cacio e pepe, and more. You can also top your chicken with sauces like BBQ sauce, teriyaki glaze, or hot sauce to add even more flavor and interest to your dish. Overall, the possibilities for tasty grilled chicken dishes are endless – so be sure to experiment and find the combinations that work best for you!
How do I grill chicken without a grill?
There are a few different ways that you can grill chicken without using a traditional outdoor grill. One option is to use an indoor grill pan or griddle, which allows you to cook your chicken over high heat on the stovetop while still getting that delicious grilled flavor. Alternatively, you can use your oven’s broiler function to achieve similar results by placing your chicken under the broiler and cooking it until it is golden brown and crispy on the outside. You can also take advantage of tools like an air fryer or microwave oven to quickly and easily crisp up your chicken with minimal effort. Whatever method you choose, be sure to follow all safety precautions when handling raw meat, and always make sure that your chicken has been fully cooked before serving it to your guests.
Some Grilled Chicken Recipes:
-Grilled chicken fajitas: Marinate your chicken in a mixture of lime juice and spices, such as chili powder or cumin, thread it onto skewers, and grill until golden and crispy. Serve with tortillas, cheese, shredded lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, or any other toppings you like.
-Grilled chicken salad: Toss your grilled chicken with fresh vegetables like cucumber or bell peppers to create a delicious and healthy salad.
-Soup and grilled chicken: Simmer your favorite soup on the stovetop or in the slow cooker. Then quickly cook some marinated grilled chicken strips on the grill until golden brown, add them to the soup for an easy meal that’s packed with flavor and nutrition.
No matter what type of grilled chicken recipe you choose, be sure to follow proper food safety guidelines when handling raw meat, and always make sure that your chicken has fully cooked before serving it to your family or guests. With a little bit of practice, you can easily master the art of grilling delicious and flavorful chicken at home!
Now that you know how to make grilled chicken on the stove, try it out for yourself. With a little practice, you’ll be able to make perfectly cooked, juicy chicken breasts every time.This dish is healthy, flavorful, and easy to make. It is a great addition to any summer cookout or BBQ.
Be sure to experiment with different seasoning combinations to find your perfect flavor. And don’t forget to share this grilling method with your friends and family so they can enjoy perfectly cooked chicken too.
James Burney is the founder of Acadia House Provisions is a restaurant that with local & upscale dishes and high-quality kitchen supplies and food products. James was born and raised in Maine, and he has always been passionate about cooking. After working in a number of prestigious restaurants he started Acadiahouseprovisions.com with the goal develop into a comprehensive information site specializing in cooking and cuisine. His goal is to make it easy for people to cook delicious meals at home without spending a fortune.